The jury of each call selects and invites a limited number of projects (depending on each call) to take part in the residency program.
Through the 2021 open calls, Can Serrat will award 4 creators (2 writers and 2 contemporary artists) with a full grant for up to five months (continuous or off-and-on for a period lasting up to 5 months), as well as a limited number of partial grants (# 1, # 2, # 3), for a residency lasting from a minimum of 1-month to a maximum of 3 months.
- A private or shared room during the residency (depending on chosen preference).
- Shared working space for the duration of the residency.
- Access to shared spaces (kitchen, toilets, bathrooms, etc)*.
- Food (half-board)**.
- Access to all equipment (printmaking studio, sound recording equipment, projectors).
- Possibility to organize workshop/debate in the residency.
- Promotion through social media.
- Human and technical resources.
- Training in the production process for contemporary art and/or literature projects
- Access to El Bruc’s City Council exhibition space to organize a show at the end of the residency (optional).
- Connections with the local cultural scene.
- Publication in the annual catalog about project worked on while at the residency.
- All collective activities are subject to the health protocol
* [The weekly responsibilities calendar (collective house chores) is managed by the community coordinator]
** [Prepared communal dinners will be suspended until the health and safety protocols are lifted to be removed. Basic daily food supplies will be provided.]
[The grants don’t include travel expenses.]
Value of the residency : 2881 € / 1 month*
Partial aid support stipend # 1
Shared room *: 570 € / 1 month
Private room: 930 € / 1 month
Partial aid support stipend # 2
Shared room *: 930 € / 1 month
Private room: 1,290 € / 1 month
Partial aid support stipend # 3
Shared room *: 1,290 € / 1 month
Private room: 1,650 € / 1 month
[The grants do not include travel expenses.]
* Shared bedroom. In private bedroom 2190 = €/ 1 month.
** Shared by a maximum of 3 persons