Can Serrat covid protocol
updated el 18.08.2022
At Can Serrat, we continue to follow the latest updates and news concerning the ever-changing COVID safety protocols determined by the government. These guidelines will continue to be updated in accordance with the Ministry of Health of Spain and will include the following measures.
Please bear in mind that if you decide to travel to Spain, you are responsible for taking the necessary health and safety precautions and for assuming any risk that travel and / or living together in a community-type situation entails, especially if you are not vaccinated against the virus.
If you decide to leave during your stay due to any COVID-related problems, we can postpone and reschedule your stay at Can Serrat, but we cannot cover additional accommodation or personal costs.
We kindly remind you that we will not create safety measures more strict than those presented by the health ministry. In order to ensure the health and safety of all, we require the involvement and responsibility of everyone.
Actions to be carried out by the Can Serrat team
- Establish the following protocol.
- Being up-to-date on any changes to the protocol and regulations established by the Catalonian government and communicating relevant information within the household if necessary.
- Self-quarantine is no longer enforced in Spain. If a staff member tests positive, they notify the household and will wear a mask when indoors and be conscious of social distancing if on site.
- Attend to individual cases and a commitment to aiding and assisting when necessary.
Artists entering Can Serrat (groups or residents)
-International: At the airport, you will have to present a PCR, complete vaccination schedule, or COVID recovery certificate. For European Union countries: EU Digital COVID Certificate.
– National: For artists or residents arriving from within Catalonia or Spain, we will not require proof of negative test or vaccination.
- We remind you that it is important to ventilate rooms and communal spaces.
- We encourage and advise everyone to wash their hands with warm water and soap regularly.
- For those living in the house, the use of masks is optional. You are free to do so, but it will not be enforced. Please note that as Can Serrat becomes a temporary home for those living under its roof, many choose not to wear their mask while in the house. We inform you of this so you are aware of the communal living ambiance within the house.
- Every member of the household is responsible for cleaning up after themselves (plates and kitchen surfaces used). Cleaning supplies can be found in the main bathroom.
- Taking any test, whether a PCR or a rapid antigen test, is up to the individual person. Can Serrat will not enforce taking tests when there are no presenting symptoms.
- For residents who come from countries outside of the European Union, we recommend consulting their health insurance, health centers, or hospitals where they can receive medical assistance in case they need it during their trip.
Positive COVID case
- If you test positive for COVID, notify the staff and household, wear a mask when in communal spaces and observe social distancing to avoid spreading infection. Complete quarantine is not necessary.
- Can Serrat can provide an at-home antigen test or help you to get an antigen or PCR test at a facility if necessary.
- Have your phone nearby so you are able to communicate any needs that may arise. You can use the WhatsApp group to communicate information to the group/staff.
- If you experience difficulty breathing or any other serious symptoms, call 010 or 012 or 061 and inform the Can Serrat staff.
- In the case you need medication, the Can Serrat staff can help to facilitate access.
Close contact with a positive case:
- If you know or suspect you have come into contact with a positive COVID case, monitor signs of symptoms. If symptoms develop, it is recommended to test.
- Consult the current protocol in case of doubts: https://canalsalut.gencat.cat/ca/salut-a-z/c/coronavirus-2019-ncov/ciutadania/deteccio-de-casos-i-seguiment-de-contactes/contactes-estrets/index.html#googtrans(ca|en)
Below, please see the link where you can consult updated government information concerning COVID-19:
In case you need to perform a PCR test in a laboratory, the closest ones are: