Program of the eco print workshop (botanical printing)
We will do a short introduction and then we will go for a walk in Montserrat to collect plants. On the way back there will be a talk about safety and materials.
Once the first part is finished, we will proceed to the elaboration of a piece that we will provide you and that at the end of the stay you will be able to take as a souvenir.
Then there will be a theoretical immersion into the world of natural dyes, fabrics, and mordants.
All the necessary material will be provided to you, as well as a small handbook with all the theoretical parts.
Index of the workshop:
- Introduction to the world of natural dyes.
- What are tannins and where do we find them?
- Route of collection of plants for botanical printing.
- Safety and precautions.
- Necessary materials.
- Practical botanical printing workshop.
- What are mordants?
- Types of mordant and its application.
- Natural, protein, and non-protein fabrics.
- Soy as mordant.
- Harvest calendar and moons.