Can Serrat, approximately 1187 square meters, is a classic old Catalan farmhouse. The space functions as a community where people from different cultures, fields, and topics of research can work on their own process, meet and exchange under the same roof. Located in the beautiful environment of El Bruc, a small village that skirts the mountain of Montserrat and is just forty-five kilometers from Barcelona, the house provides various spaces and workshops for working in an awe-inspiring surrounding natural environment. A pleasant walk along paths and trails leads one from the house to the foot of the mountain, where one can enjoy a spectacular view of Les Agülles, or The Needles, of Montserrat.
Can Serrat runs an artist and writing residency, a co.working program, and engages and develops relationships with the people, activities, and cooperatives in the local context. We also welcome people who love or have a knowledge of nature, hikers and climbers, researchers from a myriad of fields, travelers, and locals.
Spring is slowly unfolding before our eyes and we will soon again be able to enjoy fresh air, walking, and nature. Some of us may be adjusting to working from home or looking to leave the city. Once restrictions are lifted, Can Serrat will be renting rooms by the month or by the week until the end of December 2020. If you are looking for a quiet place to live and work, if you are interested in communal-style living, sharing meals and enjoying the fresh air and the outdoors, we would like to invite you to spend some time in the beautiful environment of El Bruc in the close proximity of Montserrat.
- Shared (maximum 3 persons) or private room (For individuals or families. Options include one double bed or 2-3 individual beds**)
- Shared studio/writing desk
- Access to all communal spaces (Studios, equipped kitchen to prepare meals, living room, etc.)
- Price includes bills expenses such as gas, water, electricity, and internet.
- Prepared communal dinners on Friday evenings, included in price of stay.
- Access to equipment (projectors, printing press, limited wifi, connecting with other local spaces and with various resources)
- Access to local projects we are involved in (Roca Verdad, Els Amics de Can Serrat, Obertencanal, L’hort del Torrent del Bruc, Be Sport for all, etc)
- Duration: 1 to 6 months (with the option to renew the lease)
- It is necessary to pay a refundable security deposit when you sign the lease.
*conditions until December 2020
**Consult additional fees for families and group stays.
Private room for individuals*** — 390€/month
Shared room — 270€/mes
This includes the possibility to come and go during the reserved month (as if it were a second residency)
***This represents the cost to rent a private room for one person. In the case you come with your partner, family or friends, the price is 110€/month per additional adult and 60 €/month for additional children between the ages of 5 and 18.
—- Can Serrat requires a refundable deposit equivalent to a month rent, to be given before installing in the house.
WEEKEND STAY OPTIONS AND RELATED COSTS****:
- Option 1: Long weekend stay — rent for 4 consecutive nights on a weekend (for example Thursday-Sunday or Friday-Monday nights). Please inquire about availability.
Private bedroom*– 72€/weekend
Shared bedroom– 51€/weekend
- Option 2: Every weekend during the selected month** — rent for 2 nights/weekend for every weekend during the month of your choosing. Please inquire about availability
Private room — 144 €/month
Shared room — 102 €/mes
**** Price is calculated for months that have 4 weekends.
NB An extra fee is added for communal Friday night dinners.
If you are interested please fill THIS FORM and we will contact you as soon as possible __
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us directly: email@example.com