Can Serrat International Art Residency open the Residency Call for Visual Artists. This Open Call is meant to support artistic production and to offer a working and living space for visual artists.
We will invite 1 visual artist for a full grant in addition to inviting 49 visual artists for a partial aid support stipend.
What do we offer?
With this Open Call, Can Serrat will select 1 visual artist for a Full Grant:
- Two months of residency in Can Serrat.
- A private room during the residency.
- Private working space during the residency.
- Access to shared spaces (kitchen, toilets, bathrooms, etc.).
- Food supply.
- Use of the technical equipment.
- Possibility to workshop or discuss the project with the residency staff.
- Promotion of project and work through social media.
- Human and technical resources regarding the project.
- Access to all the activities organized by Can Serrat (visit to art spaces, presentation of local projects, etc).
- 100€ production support.
[The grants do not include travel expenses.]
In addition to the special fully granted programming in September/ November of 2018, Can Serrat offers: partial grant#1 to 4 visual artists, partial grant#2 to 15 visual artists and partial grant#3 to 30 visual artists. For more information about this grants please check http://canserrat.org/category/grants.
What does the residency expect from the selected artist?
- A regular and serious work during the residency.
- Participation to project presentations during the residency.
- To write the name of Can Serrat in all communications related to the project realized here.
- A digital document summarizing the project done in during the residency.
- One .PDF file named: “surname_canserrat_Acall_Oct2017”
- This file must contain:
- Artist statement
- Recent work (web page)
- CV/ Biography
- The language of application may be in Catalan, Spanish or English. Other languages won’t be accepted.
- The application must be sent using the Application Form at the end of this page.
Application period: 10th of October till 10th of November 2017 (both included).
There are no age or nationality restrictions (the participants under 18 years old must do the residency program with a tutor).
The artist selected for the full grant might choose a time frame from September to November 2018 meanwhile the artists selected for a partial grant#1 or partial grant#2 are welcome between Enero/Mayo 2018 and October/December 2018; and the ones selected for a partial grant#3 support will be welcome between June and September 2018.
Announcements: Results will be announced during December 2017.
The jury will be formed by:
Sophie Blais (Director) and Daniel Moreno (Art Coordinator)
+ Marion Balac (Former full granted visual artist)
APPLY HERE >>