Narrativa Colectiva Open Call for January – February 2024
The collective narrative open call at Can Serrat invites writers and contemporary artists who work or have an interest in working collaboratively to apply. Those selected to participate in the 4th edition of this special open call will be asked to dedicate part of their time here to contribute to the production of a collective project. The format, schedule, and outcome for this collaboration will not be predetermined but is rather developed by the participants over the course of this 6-week residency. The residency will organize one online pre-meeting to connect the group in advance of their arrival. This program is paralleled with our partners g_b and Cajon de sastre in Colombia.
The criteria that will be considered during the selection process will include the relevance of the applicant’s work in relation to collective creation and community and to the Can Serrat context.
The jury will select 15 proposals partially funded by the cultural department of la Generalitat de Catalunya, to be part of the Collective Narrative 2024 program (see cost below, to be covered by the selected residents). The real value for 6 weeks of residency is 3148,14€.
- OPTION 1: 1059,85€ (shared bedroom)
- OPTION 2: 1674,85€ (private bedroom)
- OPTION 3: 257,75€ (studio only, no food included)
*this price may be subject to small variations depending on the CPI.
- Accommodation in Can Serrat
- Shared studio space
- Meals: 1 basket of basic dry food per month + 1 basket of vegetables/fruits every week + communal dinners prepared on Fridays
- Access to all common spaces and equipment
- Access to all organized activities
- Human and technical resources
- Connections with the local territory
- Communication in networks
- Publication in the biannual digital catalog of projects
- Collective production grant, subject to obtaining public support