Can Serrat covid protocol
updated el 22.7.2021
We at Can Serrat have been and continue to follow closely the latest updates and news concerning the ever-changing current events. For this reason, we have established the following protocol to ensure the health and safety of all without losing sight of our aim to provide a space in which to work and enrich the lives of the community residing within the house. These guidelines will continue to be updated in accordance with the Ministry of Health of Spain and will include the following measures.
We kindly remind you that in order to ensure the health and safety of all we require the involvement and responsibility of everyone.
Before arriving at Can Serrat, it is necessary for all new arrivals to present a negative PCR (if coming outside of Spain) or rapid antigen test, taken within the past 72 hours. We also ask that newcomers observe safety best-practices by wearing a mask at least for the first 7 days in communal spaces.
We remind you that it is important to ventilate rooms and communal spaces from time to time to let fresh airflow in the house.
It is recommended to not share communal spaces with too many people at the same time. We encourage you to take this opportunity to enjoy the garden and the areas surrounding the house.
We encourage and advise everyone to wash hands with warm water and soap regularly to help maintain the area as safe as possible.
For those who have passed through the 7 days without symptoms, the use of masks is optional. Please note that since summer 2020, we have rented out rooms to those living at Can Serrat for the longer-term. As CS has become their temporary home and all have already passed the 7-day safety period, many choose not to wear their mask while in the house. We inform you of this so you are aware of the communal living ambiance within the house.
When each person has finished using the kitchen for preparing meals and drinks, you must clean up. Put used dishes and utensils in the dishwasher and disinfect surfaces.
It is recommended to use the cleaning supplies you can find in the bathroom. We recommend you use them for cleaning the toilets, showers, sinks and faucets after each use. For additional safety, consider turning the lights on and off with your knuckles or elbows to avoid unnecessary contact with frequently-used surfaces.
What to do if someone is experiencing symptoms or there is a positive case in the house.
Inform the Can Serrat staff immediately.
Please isolate by remaining in your room and keep the door closed to avoid contact with others.
If you must go to a communal space, please observe the strictest hygiene measures (gel, mask, physical distance in every room). Have your phone nearby so you are able to communicate any needs that may arise and so you can maintain contact with your loved ones.
If you experience difficulty breathing or any other serious symptoms, call 010 or 012 or 061 and inform the Can Serrat staff.
In the case you need medication, the Can Serrat staff can help to facilitate access.
Actions to be carried out by the Can Serrat team
- Establish the following protocol for the safety and tranquillity of all inhabitants and residents.
- In delicate moments, notify and postpone new arrivals to avoid increased risk of infection.
- Being up-to-date on any changes to the protocol and regulations established by the Catalonian government and to communicate extra precautions in order to ensure the care and peace of mind for those living and working in the house.
- Can Serrat will not impose stricter rules than those currently being implemented by the regional government.
- Attend to individual cases and a commit to aiding and assisting when necessary.
- Keep distance and a FFP2 or FFP3 mask when in CS.
The health and safety protocol is established to help control the presence and / or spread of COVID-19. Please bear in mind that if you decide to travel to Spain, you are responsible for taking the necessary health and safety precautions and for assuming any risk that travel and / or living together in a community-type situation entails, especially if you are not vaccinated against the virus.
If you decide to leave during your stay due to any COVID-related problems, we can postpone and reschedule your stay at Can Serrat, but we cannot cover additional accommodation costs.
Artists entering Can Serrat (short stay groups or residents)
- Antigen test if coming from within Catalonia. Notify Can Serrat about the result of the test within the established time frame until the day before arrival.
- International: PCR, complete vaccination schedule or COVID recovery certificate as requested when entering Spain.
- For European Union countries: EU Digital COVID Certificate
- For countries outside of the European Union, residents should consult their health insurance, health centers or hospitals where they can receive medical assistance prior to their trip.
- For groups / artists of short periods:
- When sharing spaces, whether or not outdoors, wear a mask at all times. It is recommended that the mask be FFP2 or FFP3.
- Groups that come to Can Serrat for periods of less than one month may not exceed the limit of people allowed in meetings and / or social gatherings.
- If a person from a group is notified during their stay at Can Serrat that they have been in contact with a positive person:
- Isolate themselves for the rest of the stay in CS to avoid spreading infection to their colleagues or the rest of the inhabitants of the house.
- Can Serrat will make sure to keep the occupancy of the house at a maximum of 70% to comply, on the one hand, with the capacity standards established for culture, and ensure that it has space available for the isolation of possible and / or confirmed cases. The 70% capacity corresponds broadly to 10 occupied rooms or 18 people living in the house.
Close contact or positive COVID case
- If one begins experiencing COVID symptoms, or suspects that they may have been in contact with a positive case, that person is responsible and obligated to communicate it to the rest of the inhabitants of the house and to the Can Serrat team.
- In the case you are experiencing symptoms, you should go to the doctor to do a PCR test and respect the instructions that have been given to you by the medical center or epidemiological control.
- Use kitchen and sinks in alternating shifts and disinfect after each use.
- Wear a mask when leaving the room and notify the communal WhatsApp group.
- Ventilate the environment for at least 10 minutes, three times a day.
- Consult the current protocol in case of any doubts: https://web.gencat.cat/en/activem/restriccions-territorials/catalunya/
Close contact with a positive case:
- With or without symptoms, that person should be isolated for 10 days in their room even with negative PCR.
- Notify CS managers when you have been notified of being in close contact with a COVID+ case.
- Can Serrat will notify anyone who has been in the house during the risk period from the day of contact until the end of the quarantine.
- People who have been fully vaccinated do not need to isolate themselves, but they are asked to keep their distance and prioritize being outdoors for 10 days in addition to reinforcing the care they consider necessary.
- Consult the current protocol in case of doubts: https://canalsalut.gencat.cat/ca/salut-a-z/c/coronavirus-2019-ncov/ciutadania/deteccio-de-casos-i-seguiment-de-contactes/contactes-estrets/index.html#googtrans(ca|en)
General measures for those who are already in the house
- Prioritize being outdoors and at a distance of 1.5 meters from people.
- When using the garden table for meals, try to keep a distance of 1.5 meters. When space is not enough, co-organize to occupy other available tables or take turns.
- Avoid gathering in closed spaces. If it is necessary to gather inside open windows for ventilation.
- Ventilate any enclosed space regularly.
- Wash hands frequently.
- People who have frequent contact with people outside of Can Serrat (due to work, school, etc.) can take extra precautions wearing a mask in closed and common spaces (such as corridors and kitchen).
- Performing any test, whether a PCR or a rapid antigen test, is up to the individual person. Can Serrat will not impose that tests should be carried out when there are no symptoms.
- In the case of presenting symptoms, reinforce the basic care already mentioned and contact the Can Serrat team to give notice:
- Use of a mask in common places
- Disinfection of kitchen and sinks.
- Sanitize your hands frequently
- In case of sharing studio spaces and workshops:
- change location
- or, in the case that it is not possible to change, make sure to disinfect and ventilate.
Below, please see the link where you can consult updated government information concerning COVID-19:
The following nearby place is able to provide individuals with PCR tests should you need to take one: