The jury of each call selects between 10 to 20 artists invited to take part in the residency program, for a duration of 3 weeks minimum to 3 months maximum. (see detail cost)
In addition, through the 6 calls published throughout the year, Can Serrat offers a Full Grant to 6 creators (2 writers and 3 visual artists) and a partial aid support stipends to a limited number of artists (# 1, # 2, # 3).
Can Serrat funds up to 26790€ projects every year:
- 2190€ per each of the 6 full grants
- 1290€ per each of the 5 partial grant#1
- 900€ per each of the 5 partial grant#2
- 540€ per each of the 5 partial grants#3
Residency Program conditions:
- Residency at Can Serrat (minimum 3 weeks to maximum 3 months).
- Private or shared room (according to choice and availability).
- Shared workspace (5 studios spaces between 35m2 to 260m2 + 10,000m2 garden with terraces, a stage and a patio)
- Food supplies
- Access to all technical equipment (projectors, speakers, sound recording equipment, large format manual press, light box for old photography techniques in large format, welding machine).
- Follow-up on the project (presentation to the community, studio visit, exchange with the team and with other community residents).
- Visibility of productions: communication in social networks, possibility of exhibiting El Bruc’s council at the end of the residency, possibility of participating in the annual curatorial project organized by CS, publication in ‘ARCHIVE’)
- Human and technical resources in relation to the project (local connections with companies and groups, artists, curators, galleries).
- Access to all the activities organized in the residency (visit of production art spaces and exhibitions outside Can Serrat, presentation of local projects).