Can Serrat International Art Residency publish an Addition Residency Call for Visual Artists to announce its first winter open. This Open Call is meant to support artistic production and to offer a working and living space for visual artists.
We will invite 1 visual artist for a full grant in addition to inviting 24 visual artists for a partial aid support stipend.
See below for more information about the residency and application process:
What do we offer?
With this Open Call, Can Serrat will select 1 visual artist for a Full Grant:
- One month of residency in Can Serrat.
- A private room during the residency.
- Private working space during the residency.
- Access to shared spaces (kitchen, toilets, bathrooms, etc.).
- Food supply.
- Use of the technical equipment.
- Possibility to workshop or discuss the project with the residency staff.
- Promotion of project and work through social media.
- Human and technical resources regarding the project.
- Access to all the activities organized by Can Serrat (visit to art spaces, presentation of local projects, etc).
[The grants do not include travel expenses.]
In addition to the special fully granted programming, Can Serrat offers: 70% grant to 2 visual artists, 50% grant to 7 visual artists and 30% grants to 15 visual artists.
What the residency expect from the selected artist?
- A regular and serious work during the residency.
- Participation to project presentations during the residency.
- To write the name of Can Serrat in all communications related to the project realized here.
- A digital document summarizing the project done in during the residency.
- One .PDF file named: “surname_canserrat_Acall_August2017”
- This file must contain:
- Artist statement
- Recent work (webpage)
- CV/ Biography
- The language of application may be in Catalan, Spanish or English. Other languages won’t be accepted.
- The application must be sent using the Application Form at the end of this page.
Application period: 1 th of August till 1 th Septiembre 2017 (bout included).
There is no age restrictions or nationality.
The selected artists will be offered to chose a time frame during November, December 2017 and January of 2018.
Announcements: Results will be announced during September of 2017.
The jury will be formed by:
Sophie Blais (Director) and Daniel Moreno (Art Coordinator)
+ Duncan Gibbs (Former full granted visual artist)
APPLY HERE >>