Can Serrat International Art Residency opens the Residency Call for Writers. This Open Call is meant to support literary production and to offer a working and living space for writers.
We will invite 1 writer for a full grant in addition to inviting 49 writers for a partial aid support stipend.
See below for more information about the residency, eligibility, and application process:
What do we offer?
With this Open Call, Can Serrat will select 1 writer for a Full Grant:
- Two months of residency in Can Serrat.
- A private room during the residency.
- Private working space during the residency.
- Access to shared spaces (kitchen, toilets, bathrooms, etc.).
- Food supply.
- Use of the technical equipment.
- Possibility to workshop or discuss the project with the residency staff.
- Promotion of project and work through social media.
- Human and technical resources regarding the project.
- Access to all the activities organized by Can Serrat (visit to art spaces, presentation of local projects, etc).
[The grants do not include travel expenses.]
In addition to the special fully granted programming in April/May of 2018, Can Serrat offers: 70% grant to 4 writers, 50% grant to 15 writers and 30% grants to 30 writers. For more information about this grants please check http://canserrat.org/category/grants
What the residency expect from the selected writer?
- A regular and serious work during the residency.
- Participation to public readings organized in Library of Bruc.
- To write the name of Can Serrat in all communications related to the project realized here.
- A digital document summarizing the project done in during the residency.
One .pdf file titled: “surname-canserrat-Wcall-july-2017”
The file must contain:
- Recent work (prose, poetry, script, etc.) 3 pages (max.)
- A link to a sound file with a recording of your voice reading part of your recent work (can be recorded in whatever language)
*The application has to be sent using the application form (at the end of this page).
Application period: July 1st till August 1st 2017 (bout included).
There are no age, gender or nationality restrictions.
The artists selected for the full grant might chose a time frame during April/May 2018; 70% and 50% granted writers Octubre-November 2017 or March- May 2018; and the writers selected for a 30% support might chose a time frame during September 2017 or between June 2018 and September 2018.
Announcements: Results will be announced during August 2017.
The jury will be formed by:
Sophie Blais (Director), Daniel Moreno (Art Coordinator), Sarah Goodchild Robb (Administration and colaborations with NY), Ivan Andrade (Former full grant holder writer).
***Languages accepted for the application (including the writing sample) : English,Spanish or Catalan (during the residency of course there is no language restriction).