/// CLOSED ///
Can Serrat International Art Residency opens the Residency Call for Writers. This Open Call is meant to support literary production and to offer a working and living space for writers.
We will invite 1 writer for a full grant in addition to inviting 27 writers for a partial aid support stipend.
See below for more information about the residency, eligibility, and application process:
What do we offer?
With this Open Call, Can Serrat will offer a Full Grant to one Writer :
- One month of residency in Can Serrat in March 2019.
- A private room during the residency, with a desk.
- Access to all shared studio spaces and equipment during the residency.
- Daily food supply
- Possibility to workshop or discuss the project with the residency staff.
- Promotion of work process through webpage and social media.
- Human and technical resources regarding the project.
- Access to all the activities organized by Can Serrat (visit to art spaces, presentation of local projects, etc).
- Participation to the literature club organized every month.
[The grants do not include travel expenses.]
In addition to the special fully granted programmed in March 2019, Can Serrat offers: Grant#1 to 2 writers, Grant#2 to 5 writers and Grants#3 to 20 writers. For more information about these grants please check http://canserrat.org/category/grants
One .pdf file titled: “surname-canserrat-Wcall-January2018”
The file must contain:
- Recent work (prose, poetry, script, etc.) 3 pages (max.)
- A link to a sound file with a recording of your voice reading part of your recent work (can be recorded in whatever language)
*The application has to be sent using the application form (at the end of this page).
Application period: January 10th until February 10th .
There are no age, gender or nationality restrictions.
Announcements: Results will be announced during March 2018.
The jury will be formed by:
Martin Jackson (Former full grant holder writer)
Sophie Blais (Director)
Daniel Moreno (Art Coordinator)
Sarah Goodchild Robb (Administration and colaborations with NY)
***Languages accepted for the application (including the writing sample) : English (during the residency of course there is no language restriction).