Can Serrat International Art Residency opens the Residency Call for a Visual Artist. This Open Call is meant to support artistic production and to offer a working and living space for visual artists.
We will invite 1 visual artist for a full grant in addition to inviting a limit number of visual artists for a partial aid support stipend.
See below for more information about the residency, eligibility, and application process:
What do we offer?
With this Open Call, Can Serrat will select 1 visual artist to have a Full Grant:
- Two months of residency in Can Serrat.
- A private room during the residency.
- Private working space during the residency.
- Access to shared spaces (kitchen, toilets, bathrooms, etc.).
- Food supply.
- Use of the technical equipment.
- Possibility to workshop or discuss the project with the residency staff.
- Promotion of project and work through social media.
- Human and technical resources regarding the project.
- Access to all the activities organized by Can Serrat (visit to art spaces, presentation of local projects, etc).
- 200€ production support.
[The grants do not include travel expenses.]
In addition to the special fully granted programming Can Serrat offers: 70% grant to 4 visual artists, 50% grant to 15 visual artists and 30% grants to 30 visual artists. For more information about this grants please check http://canserrat.org/category/grants
What Can Serrat expects from the selected artist?
- A regular and serious work during the residency.
- Participation to project presentations during the residency.
- To write the name of Can Serrat in all communications related to the project realized here.
- A digital document summarizing the project done in during the residency.
- One .PDF file named: “fullname_canserrat_Acall_April2017”
- This file must contain:
- Artist statement
- Recent work (webpage)
- CV/ Biography
- The language of application must be in English (International jury). Other languages won’t be accepted.
- The application must be sent using the Application Form at the end of this page.
Application period: April 1st to May 1st 2017.
There is no age restrictions or nationality.
The artists selected for the full grant, 70% and 50% might chose a time frame between October 2017 to May 2018 (Can Serrat is closed in December & January). The artists selected for a 30% support might chose a time frame between June to September 2017 or 2018.
Announcements: Results will be announced at the beginning of June 2017.
The jury will be formed by:
Sophie Blais (Director) and Daniel Moreno (Art Coordinator) _ Can Serrat