Can Serrat International Art Residency opens the Residency Call for Writers.
Can Serrat will select between 10 and 20 writers per each open call to be part of the residency program. In addition to this unfunded invitations, the jury will invite 3 writers for a full grant + 9 writers for a partial aid support stipend in total during 2019.
See below for more information about the residency, and application process:
Residency period for the writer selected with the full grant: August 2019.
What do we offer?
- A private or shared room during the residency (depending on option chosen)
- Shared working space during the residency.
- Access to shared spaces (kitchen, toilets, bathrooms, etc.).
- Food supply.
- Use of the technical equipment.
- Possibility to workshop or discuss the project with the residency staff.
- Promotion of project and work through social media.
- Human and technical resources regarding the project.
- Access to all the activities organized by Can Serrat (visit to art spaces, presentation of local projects, etc).
[The grants do not include travel expenses.]
What the residency expect from the selected writer?
- A regular and serious work during the residency.
- Participation to public readings organized in Library of Bruc.
- To write the name of Can Serrat in all communications related to the project realized here.
- A digital document summarizing the project done in during the residency.
One .pdf file titled: “surname-canserrat-Wcall-November-2018”
The file must contain:
- Recent work (prose, poetry, script, etc.) 3 pages (max.)
- A link to a sound file with a recording of your voice reading part of your recent work (can be recorded in any language)
*The application has to be sent using the application form (find the link to our webpage at the end of this page).
Application period: 1st of November till 1th of December 2018 (both included).
Announcements: Results will be announced at the end of January 2019. .
The jury will be formed by:
Sophie Blais (Director __ CS)
Sarah Goodchild Robb (art coordination & administration __ CS)
anna Pahissa (art coordinator & communication__CS)
Paola Caballero, escritora (Colombia)
APPLY HERE >>