Can Serrat International Art Residency opens the Residency Call for Visual Artists. This Open Call is meant to support artistic production and to offer a working and living space for visual artists.
Can Serrat will select between 10 and 20 artists per each open call to be part of the residency program. In addition to this unfunded invitations, the jury will invite 6 artists for a full grant + 16 artists for a partial aid support stipend in total during 2019.
The artists selected for a Grant#1 and Grant#2 will accomplish their residency period during any month of 2019 except February, June, July and August; while artists selected for a Grant#3 will be welcome to accomplish their residency program during any month of 2019 except October, February and April. Check ‘conditions’ here.
See below for more information about the residency, and application process:
Residence time for the artist selected with the full grant: May 2019.
What do we offer?
- A private or shared room during the residency (depending on option chosen)
- Shared working space during the residency.
- Access to shared spaces (kitchen, toilets, bathrooms, etc.).
- Food supply.
- Use of the technical equipment.
- Possibility to workshop or discuss the project with the residency staff.
- Promotion of project and work through social media.
- Human and technical resources regarding the project.
- Access to all the activities organized by Can Serrat (visit to art spaces, presentation of local projects, etc).
[The grants do not include travel expenses.]
What the residency expect from the selected artist?
- A regular and serious work during the residency.
- Participation to project presentations during the residency.
- To write the name of Can Serrat in all communications related to the project realized here.
- A digital document summarizing the project done in during the residency.
- One .PDF file named: “surname_canserrat_Acall_March2018”
- This file must contain:
- Artist statement
- Recent work (webpage)
- CV/ Biography
- The language of application may be in Catalan, Spanish or English. Other languages won’t be accepted.
- The application must be sent using the Application Form at the end of this page.
Application period: 1st of March till 1th of April 2018 (both included).
Announcements: Results will be announced during May 2018.
The jury will be formed by:
Sophie Blais (Director), Daniel Moreno (Art Coordinator), Nihal Mumcu (Communication and Public Development)
+ Nyam Nyam
APPLY HERE >>